Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Kalamazoo Animation Film Festival...Bronze Award Equals Dinero!!!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Just in case anyone's interested, deadline is March 15th. You can register on their site.

    Registration is $30.00

    I like the fact that they have their categories specifically designed. I'm going to enter "The Alphabet Song" in the children's music video under-12 category.

    And since their are so many category combinations, I'll probably be the only one in that category... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    If it is accepted for the festival, maybe someone from the Michigan area can attend and tell us about the festival.


    http://kafi.kvcc.edu/index2.htm

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 27, 2003 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Forum-405 ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I'll be happy to.

    K/zoo is about :40 min. away. Can I ware a Tux and say I'm the director!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well look at that! 219 post since August.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dear Finalists,
    Your submission(s) has been selected to continue through the competition at the Kalamazoo Animation Festival International!
    Please check the list of submissions that were selected on our website: www.kafi.kvcc.edu (click the "Finalists" button).
    The next step of the competition will be completed during the festival (May 16-18). Winners for each category will be announced at the Winner's Circle on Sunday, May 18.
    We MUST HAVE a high quality copy (BetaSP, Mini DV, DVD - NTSC format only), of the finalist submissions listed on our web site, received in our office by May 1!

    As a finalist, we would like to offer you a complimentary full festival pass. If you are unable to accept the pass yourself, you may feel free to send a representative in your absence. We must have your RSVP (e-mail or phone Novia Moser please) by May 1 in order to hold the pass for you.

    REMEMBER: We must have a high quality copy of the finalist submissions and your RSVP for the full festival pass no later than May 1!!!

    Congratulations!
    David Baker ~ Festival Director
    Novia Moser ~ Festival Assistant

    Novia Moser
    KAFI Assistant
    www.kafi.kvcc.edu
    (269) 488-4436
    ... Imagine!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope the showings is at the State Theater, it's a great old movie palace with balcony. It's used more these days for plays and music presentations.

    I looked over the site and could not tell what day or days your film will be showing, I do want to see it and have to make sure I'm not scheduled for any weekend work when it's run.

    Did they tell you when your film will be presented?

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the festival is this weekend. I hope Greg can go as our first official "Super-8 festival mole". (I think I need to work on the name a bit)

  7. #7
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex I understand has contact you, authorizing me to represent him and receive your complimentary pass for the events. How does this work, will my name be at the door, where do I go...etc.?

    Sincerely,


    Greg Crawford

    --- Novia Moser <[email protected]> wrote:
    Greg:
    Alphabet Song will be screened on Friday Night at the Star Search Competition. The winning entries from each category will be announced on Sunday during the Winner's Circle Show. Both shows are at the State Theater, Friday night begins at 8 pm, Sunday show begins at 6pm.

    The rest of the festival is happening at various
    downtown venues - the schedule and other information is available on the web: www.kafi.kvcc.edu
    >
    >
    > Let me know if you need more info!
    > Novia
    >
    > Novia Moser
    > KAFI Assistant


    -------------

    Hey Greg, will you be using your "on-air" DJ clout to win me votes! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you realize that if you go to the screening you will see my film properly projected on a big screen before I have. [img]confused.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, they really offer a lot of activities besides the film festivals. I guess I was in the "shooting star" category. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

    Kalamazoo, a lot to do

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just sent Novia a thank you for the pass and told her what a great job they did. I also asked that they would post the winners on line. I would like to find out who won what.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •